Wednesday, May 1, 2013

REMEMBERING


Memories are interesting things. Sometimes a memory in your distant past is jarred by a picture. Today I saw a picture of New York...the Statue of Liberty, specifically.
It reminded me of my only trip to New York. I was eighteen months old. My mother, father and older brother were preparing for our first trip to Africa via boat ride. I wandered off while browsing in a store. My father found me as I was running down a sidewalk screaming. To prevent me from getting separated from them again...they bought me a harness.   I managed to break it on the boat ride to Africa. 
 
 
Also, I flirted my way into the Captain's heart and at his dinner table where we were special guests, I had my first taste of champagne! Bless my parent's hearts. Here they were on their way to be missionaries to an isolated area of Africa and their baby daughter is drinking champagne!
The personality one has as a child, though the world may try to control it, never leaves a person. With the help of the Angels it can be reborn in a beautiful way, allowing you the freedom to stretch your wings and fly! I never fit in the box of religious ideas, and never will. Thank goodness the Angel's spirituality is far beyond religious dogma. I choose to fly with them...come join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment