Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Healing from Fibromyalgia

This is my story of how I discovered sacred dance and helped heal my Fibromyalgia. It was such a turning point in my life that I now teach how to bring the practice of healing to sacred dance.


(If you are interested in attending a Sacred Dance Workshop, see the schedule on my website, www.morganastarr.com.)


I had no idea that what happened below was possible. It didn’t occur to me that something as simple as following as my inner guidance would make such a difference in my life, and in my work. I feel I've been given a valuable tool to add to my already abundantly filled toolbox.


I wrote this blog post so you can get a glimpse of what I felt and know what is possible for you, too.

If you are interested in attending a Sacred Dance Workshop, the next classes are during a FULL MOON to work with their energies:

RISING SUN EMPORIUM , November 19, 7-8:30pm, 501 Florida Ave, Cocoa Village, Cost $25.00

CASSADAGA HOTEL, November 20th, 7-9pm

386-228-2323,Cost $25.00


Fibromyalgia can be debilitating. At times pain can follow every step you take. One doctor told me that I had lived with pain so long that I thought it was normal. I pursued many natural and spiritual healing methods. Some helped, some did little to lessen the chronic pain.

This brings me to a time that I released the control that Fibromyalgia held over me. I was at a festival that included sacred dance at a healing fire.

The Fibro pain was at an all time high. Every muscle and joint screamed in pain. I stood outside the circle watching the dancers weave through each other. I called out from deep within my spirit to be released from the pain.

A gentle feeling washed over me bringing tears that began to flow down my face. Being a healer, I was used to helping others. I felt drained of any ability to assist anyone and this brought me much sorrow.

One sweet lady came up to me, holding my face and sang to the beat of the drum. “Take what you need, give what you can. Your tears are your gift for Mother Earth. Take from Spirit what you need to heal.”

As she danced off, I took her words to heart. I slowly made my way into the circle of the dance. A deep breath brought in the energy of the angel Anael. I felt her energy tingle through every part of my body.

In front of me I saw three female spirit guides. One carried fiery energy of setting boundaries for myself, one was gentle enfolding me in love and the other exuded a warrior energy for others. They joined hands with each other and with me. We danced, slow and graceful. I felt their energy surge through me chasing out pain and weariness.

Anael breathed each breath with me and I felt her heart beat as one with mine. I was lost in a world of beauty and unconditional love.

Several hours later, I found that I had no pain. I was filled with a peace that I had never experienced.

A couple of ladies approached me and said, “Your dancing was so beautiful!” I was surprised because I had forgotten there was anyone around except for Anael and my three spirit guides.

“It seemed as if you were dancing with someone else,” they continued a bit perplexed.

I smiled and shared with them my healing experience in the hopes that they too could learn to dance with the angels and their guides and shift their lives.

I continue to live a life free from the shackles of Fibromyalgia, as long as I keep the energy of Anael within and dance with my guides. This brings to my life balance, peace and healing.

Morgana Starr 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment