Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SHADOW WORK


What can we learn through sickness and trials in our lives? The biggest lesson that I learned is that I don’t need them in my life any longer.

I spent the day in bed on Saturday, reading and napping as my body worked at fighting off a sinus cold. My shadow self took this opportunity to come forth to be healed. My Shadow Self told me things like, “How wonderful to be sick. You have an excuse to do nothing all day. You have time to read. Your partner is attentive and making sure you have what you need. You get to relax, get attention and feel pampered when you are sick. This is good.”

Hmmm…When I became fully cognizant of this happening, I allowed myself to go back in time and see the truth in those words. As I child when Fibromyalgia hit me hard, I got extra attention from my busy parents. They were amazing parents who tried always to put us children ahead of their work. That was challenging as they were very involved in Christian ministry, but they did a great job of balancing it. However, children can be rather selfish, so I did enjoy it when they were focused more on me.

This continued through some of my ‘interesting’ relationships. It isn’t easy to look at your Shadow Self and see such selfish and demanding behavior. Also, it was clear that I had drawn dramas and trials into my life as a way to get attention. Ouch! No one said Shadow Work was easy!

Now it was time for me to step aside as I listened to the words of Archangel Anael.

“You no longer need to foster this negativity. Around you is only love. You have friends that love and support you. You have a partner that is attentive all the time and takes care of you. The lesson from your Shadow Side is that you must bring balance into your life. Take a little time each day…and a little more time each week, just for pampering yourself. Let go of stress, for most importantly you have outgrown the need to get attention by sickness or drama. You are surrounded, loved and supported by the Angels and the Divine.”

So today I am having a ‘robe day’: Not leaving the house or getting out of my robe all day. The last dredges of this sinus/cold are leaving as I pamper myself with Natures Spirit’s essential oils, sit in a warm living room on a comfy couch with my feet propped up. My partner will return from work soon and we will enjoy a movie together.

My Shadow Self taught me an important lesson and I am grateful to Archangel Anael for shining the Light onto that particular shadow so it could be healed!

1 comment: