Sunday, November 7, 2010

DANCER MUSICIAN PARTNERSHIP

The following is one reason that I am so dedicated to sacred dance....doing it to continually heal myself and teaching other how to do the same.

There is a synergistic fusion between a dancer and musician that can elicit healing on both parties.

I was blessed to experience it when I heard the band Dub Kulcha at Milliken’s Reef last Friday night. Wow! Such spiritual energy flowed through their music.

I took the opportunity to harness the power of the coming new moon in sacred dance. Since it was a full 24 hours before the new moon, I consciously released old negative patterns of thought. My intent was to release all that no longer served my highest and best good. Then toward the middle of my dancing, I shifted to bring in positive energy that would support spiritual ascension.

As the ocean breezes brought elemental energies on gentle winds, I breathed deeply of the empowering energy. I allowed it to surge through and around me. The stars sparkling in the velvety blackness of the sky infused their Divine energy into me, as I pulled in their essence while dancing.

I was in my own world of magic. I reveled in the healing release and empowerment the dance. My trance brought me to a place of peace and love.

It is interesting how others perceive the sacred. I indulged one man in a dance. He wanted to dance close. This was not allowed. I held his hands to keep him at a distance. I still wanted to be lost in the beauty of the trance of healing dance. When I would hold just one hand, he would quickly pull me close and jar me back to the mundane. Being touched when in sacred dance, the spiritual quality can be lost. However, I was in control and kept him at arm’s length. He was a very nice man, but didn’t understand the energy I was channeling.

I spoke to one of the band and thanked him for his spiritual music. He said that is the only way that he plays. He had felt the spiritual energy in my dancing and understood the synergy between that and their music. They are an awesome group of musicians.

The next time this band plays and I dance, I will dance with just my spirit guides. I never dance alone…they are always dancing with me, healing, purging and filling me with Divine Love and Peace.

I look forward to leading the Sacred Dance Workshops on the 19th in Cocoa Village and the 20th at Cassadaga. This will focus on the energies of the powerful full moon. Be prepared for your life to be transformed and transmuted in this dance.

Dub Kulcha will be playing at Milliken’s Reef again on November 27th from 5-10pm. No one has to guess where I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment