Friday, June 17, 2011

GETTING BACK ON TRACK

How many times have you felt you had wonderful goals lined up? You did great for a time. You were on track and moving ahead. Then life happened and you got de-railed! Then you spend time berating yourself with the ‘would of, should of, could ofs’.

When you continue to beat yourself up for getting off track, it makes it harder to get back up. Treat yourself with the love and compassion you would have for your very best friend in the world.

I encourage you to remember some wise words I heard while I was a Sales Director in Mary winning my free car. “It is not how many times you get knocked down that counts, it is how many times you get up!”

Those words helped me get back on track numerous times in my life. If there was a contest for how many times a person got back up after being brutally knocked down, I am close to winning. I am sure many of you are also.

So please. Get the ‘should ofs’ out of your life. Get back up, dust yourself off and get back on track. Don’t forget to pat yourself on the back.

I assure you all of heaven rejoices when you do so. Remember the angels know how difficult it is and they are standing there with their arms out and wings unfurled, ready to make it easier this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment