Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mango Memories

I love eating mindfully. I eat slowly feeling the energy of the food I consume in an attitude of grateful contentment.

As I sunk my teeth into a Florida grown mango, I was transported back in time to Africa.

I sat on the porch steps of our simple home. My dress was tucked between my legs as I bent over holding a mango in both hands. The sticky sweet juice trailed down my arms to drip off my elbows. My face was covered in delectable nectar.

That memory was locked within the vaults of my mind. I remember occasionally eating a mango in Indiana, hoping for that delightful taste to ravish my senses again. I was always disappointed.

Today as I slowly feasted on the luscious fruit, the memory exploded into life again! I reveled in the joy of recalling my happy, peaceful childhood in the land that some refer to as the Dark Continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment