Saturday, October 1, 2011

RISING ABOVE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES

In this world of heavy energies and negative people, I choose to focus on those that allow themselves to rise above circumstances in their lives.

I hear people give excuses for why they act or feel the way they do. Sometimes it is the way they were raised. Other times poor health is a reason. One person said no one ever believed in him, that is why he was always making a mess of his life. (I knew that as untrue since his parents had always been very supportive)


This brings me to what prompted my thoughts this morning. My friend, Frank Lorie, is a Bench Jeweler, Gemologist, Gold/Silver Smith. He does amazing one of a kind creations. Today I noticed our mutual friend Andrea de Michaelis mention on her Face Book page that it was time to make a wish. Frank’s comment was: “I am wishing that all your dreams come true.” No mention was made for anything for him.


The reason it impacted me so much is that I know a bit of the ‘behind the scene’ with Frank. Frank is an amputee that lives his life in constant pain in a wheelchair. He began his jewelry work a few years ago in order to find a way to support his family.


He is meticulous in his work, so much so that he graduated at the top of his class.

Since Frank works from home, he is able to keep his prices low. He is amazing to work with. I commissioned him to make a ring for my boyfriend for his birthday. We communicated back and forth via phone and email in order to design the perfect ring. This is heirloom quality that will outlive both he and I.


Frank is a perfect example and I know there are more…who rise above the circumstances in their lives. He even has taken it to another level by donating 10% of all profits to Children's Miracle Network and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for the benefit of children to receive needed surgical and or medical treatment. He not only donates money, but also donates time there trying to lift the spirits of the little ones. This keeps the flow of energy (money) going in a good way.


As the Christmas gift giving time approaches, consider giving a gift of love. Contact Frank and purchase a piece he already has available, or commission a one of a kind heirloom piece for your loved one. This also gives a gift to children in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment