Thursday, October 20, 2011

FEEL FLATTENED BY LIFE?

Sometimes you just need to recover. This came to me as I had a weird experience. Our flag gets all tangled in the Florida gusts of wind. So it is a normal occurrence for me to take the time to unwind it.

Today as I did so, I felt something soft hit my arm then heard a ‘flop’ noise like a heavy pancake hit the pavement. I looked down and saw this white toad. He looked flattened and wasn’t moving. I gently prodded him with a soft branch and the little man didn’t budge.

Saddened and afraid he might be dead, I spoke to him for awhile, apologizing that I had not been aware he was tangled in the flag. I sent him energy whether for his life or his spirit to release in a good way.

I drove to town to run some errands. When I pulled up in the drive I was saddened to see he was still there. However, as I walked up to the house, I noticed he had moved slightly and was puffed up a bit. I knew he was simply getting himself together before hopping back to his life. I was relieved to know he would recover.

I considered how many times we fall down in our life’s pursuit. We may have the wind knocked out of us and feel the situation ‘flattened’ our energy. However, if we will just rest..simply ‘be’…then eventually we will get our second wind and begin to grow and expand. Trying to struggle and drag ourselves around while we are still damaged will not help, only slow down our eventual healing.

So let us all learn from this toad. If life has knocked you down. Don’t keep trying to rush around and help everyone. Just simply be. Take all the time you need to heal. Eventually you will be all filled up with Divine energy and life and will hop away, happy and whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment