Monday, October 10, 2011

SEE THE HAPPY SIDE OF LIFE

This past weekend our area of the country got hit with strong winds. 40-70 mile an hour winds can cause a bit of turmoil. We usually go out on Saturday, but decided to make it a fun movie day at home. I enjoyed the sound of the rain hitting the roof.

The next morning we discovered a couple of leaks in the roof, but a small dish was enough to hold the water drips. It will be a project for another day. The nice thing about it, was that it did not stress me out, as something like that in the past would do.

The cooler weather allowed for a walk in a local park today. I took this picture of a new ‘pond’ in the park. It was a beautiful sight from that angle. I noticed if I walked past and looked back, it wasn’t as pretty.

When I got home, I saw some people were posting pictures of trees down and other destructive things created by the storm on Face Book.

It made me think how life is so much more full of joy when we look for the good in all things. Yes, the negative is still there, but if we can keep our focus on the good then we get through any negative challenges with a happy spirit. What angle do you want to take your picture of life?

I challenge you to keep your thoughts on the happy side of everything that happens. It is there…it is always there…sometimes we must look deeper than other times. But I guarantee it will bring you joy and strength when you uncover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment