Friday, February 24, 2012

MOTIVATING BY EXAMPLE


Sometimes you motivate people by just being. Andrea de Michaelis of Horizons Magazine did that for me today.

I went to pick up some stacks of the magazines to distribute in my area. Andrea looked so good in her pony tails, capris and tank top. It was obvious she had lost some weight and had been going to the gym. After a nice chat, I headed home.

On the way I made a quick grocery stop. I got the needed items, then lingered over the bakery sweets. I almost ‘treated’ myself to something with a lot of fats in it. (I am counting fats right now, to trim down a bit). Then her pretty face with her sweet smile flashed across my eyes. I saw her fit body in my mind’s eye and heard Spirit say, “Andrea wouldn’t eat that. That is why she is looking so good. ”

That was enough for me to walk away from the pastry and make a healthier choice.
Andrea and I had spent no time talking about her fitness program. So it wasn’t that she had tried to motivate me. It was the simple act of her living her life as an example. But that is one of the things I admire about her. She walks her talk. By just being in a space of health, she motivated me on a weak day.

I love friends that remind me to live a life in a more pure and healthy way, physically and spiritually. Thanks, Andrea!

No comments:

Post a Comment