Thursday, April 5, 2012

ANGEL LEMONADE

Yesterday I did an early run to Cassadaga to drop of Horizons. My dear friend, Nancy Pike, had loaned me Caroline Myss’ Essential Guide for Healers. So it was great to listen to it on the trip. This is a must read (or listen to) for any spiritual person as far as I am concerned.

That whole trip took about four hours, since I had to make a stop on the way home. I got ink for the printer, then headed home to print off a receipt to pick up our new refrigerator from Sears. By the time I got to the merchandise pick up, I was exhausted. The signs said to stay in your vehicle and call a number. They would bring out the merchandise.

To make a long story short, I was told those signs were no longer in effect. After 40 minutes, I pulled off with our new fridge. After several interesting adventures with trying to get tires aired up on a dolly a friend kindly loaned me, I came home with a new one I bought at Lowe's.

As Tim began to wrestle the fridge into the house…thank goodness he is built like a machine!...he paused to take off some packaging. The top of the fridge was dented! So he put it back in the van and back to Sears we went. There went my idea of not having him have to do anything with it when he got home.

They took it back with no issue and we reordered a new one. Due to back-order, they said, we will have to wait till the end of May to get it. This time we are having it delivered to avoid extra stress.

By 7pm, I was able to begin to unwind. I began to think about the stress of the day. I learned a lot by listening to Carolyn Myss’ CDs. I was grateful for the time to be able to do so. She had talked a lot about boundaries, and I had my boundaries tested with the Sears fiasco. Interesting…learn something, then instantly be given a chance to practice it! That is a great way to learn!

So I decided to relax and be grateful that we have a fridge (leaks) and have a new one on the way. I was grateful to have so much work that I have to book out about a week in advance. I was grateful for so many wonderful loving people in my life. I was grateful for all the people I get to meet in my work that I am able to help. I was grateful that so many of those people become my friends.

Then I understood about how to make lemonade from the lemons life hands you. Though my challenges today were small…I shifted my reality, by looking at what I was grateful for. That is what I had done in my past when my challenges were heavier and dealt with divorce, unfaithfulness, betrayal and deep depression. I would shift my focus to being grateful for what I did have and the reality around me began to shift.

The process of doing that time and time again along with working with the Angels brought me to a happier place in my life. So keep making the lemonade. The Angels will give you Heavenly sugar to sweeten it as you focus on joy and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment