Wednesday, April 27, 2011

EATING YOUR ELEPHANT

Now that Mercury Retrograde is past, we are feeling a stronger sense of urgency. The problem is that it brings with it a feeling of being overwhelmed. The task in front of us appears to be so huge there is no way to accomplish it.

I am reminded of a saying I first heard when I was a Sales Director and Car Winner in Mary Kay Cosmetics…. “You can eat an elephant, just one bite at a time!”

In other words, don’t let the whole picture overwhelm you….just begin…one bite at a time. Better yet, call your friends and have an ‘elephant eating party’! Lol! Obviously it will happen quicker with help and you will have the support when you ‘bit off more than you can chew’ and need to go walk or nap it off! Plus it is a lot more fun with friends…you don’t mind the sour taste or the chewy hide when you are laughing with friends.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, not to be suffered. So go find your elephant, invite your friends and begin the Feast of Life!

(Side note… I love elephants. They rank among my favorite ‘people’. When I was growing up in Africa, my parents had a hard time keeping me from walking out into a herd to pet them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment