Friday, April 22, 2011

JUST 'BE'

Some of the best advice I was given was during one of the summers I was a Supporter for the Lakota Sundance.

I was busy running around trying to help where I could. Doing Reiki, giving massages (it was in Indiana and I was trained to do it there), fixing food, helping with the campsite.

I was wearing myself out. One beautiful lady approached me. She is a respected healer from Holland that is now a Sundancer. She affirmed that everything I did was helpful.

However, she gave me these words: “Sometimes you must simply ‘be’ and that is more than enough. You do not have to do all these things to be worthy. Just be. Staying in your sacred space allows others to experience a sense of peace just being around you. Your gift to the Universe sometimes is just in the act of ‘being’.”

I took this to heart and share this now with you. As you have a feeling of urgency to do and be everything for everyone…allow yourself to stop and simply ‘be’. You will be amazed at how it will help you focus and feel a connection with the Divine you had been in too much of a hurry to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment