Saturday, April 23, 2011

GOSSIP=BLACK MAGIC?

"And then Suzie was so rude to me. I know she didn't mean to be rude, but she just walked off in the middle of something I was saying! I know she is your friend and all, and I don't want you to think badly of her, but that was just plain rude," continued the feline in a silky smooth voice.



Be Impeccable with your Words. This is the first of the Four Agreements in a book entitled thus by don Miguel Ruiz

I have been reviewing this book as we are going to dive into it on Tuesdays at Café Unique in a study/discussion group.

This Agreement may sound simple, but how many times have we been guilty of spreading gossip? Don Miguel Ruiz refers to gossip as the worst of black magic. He doesn’t pull any punches. According to him, the feline earlier was doing black magic by saying things about someone that might cause others to think badly of them.

We may puff up our chests and say, “Oh, I never gossip.” But think back when we said to a close friend, “I wouldn’t say this anyone else and I know you won’t spread it any further, but did you know that….?”

Gives us pause to think, huh? One of the teachings of the Eckankar Religion (the Light and Sound of God) is that before you speak any words filter them through the following.

Is it True?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

If you cannot answer yes to all of these questions, then the words should not be spoken, even to the best of friends.

So before you want to vent to anyone, pause and consider if your words are impeccable.

We meet on Tuesday at noon to continue this discussion at Café Unique in Cocoa Village. I have a few books you can pick up from me. Having read the book is not a pre-requisite, though you will find it helpful. Contact me at morgana@morganastarr.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment