Monday, April 11, 2011

PIPESTONE'S PRAYER

Many years ago, I was gifted with a Native American pipe by a Lakota Sundancer whom I had just met and did some healing work on. Though I was not following the Red Road, my first teacher had taught me to carry tobacco with me.

Therefore I was able to accept it in a good way. I petitioned for a stem, had it blessed by my medicine man and used it in many sweat lodges. One day the pipestone gave me this message, I now share with you.


PIPESTONE’S PRAYER


Tears of my people are like drops of red blood

Waves of sorrow wash over me like a flood

As we march upon the path we call life

We wonder when will be the end to all strife


The answers come when we within do go

Within Mother Earth her beauty to show

Connect with the Creator and become one

One with Heaven and Earth and the gifts of the Sun.


So with the sacred gift of the pipe and the drum

You stand between heaven and earth being just one

That will help heal yourself and help heal us all

Because you are willing to say yes to Creators call.


Copyright 2002 Morgana Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment