Friday, April 16, 2010

EFFORT OF BALANCE

DAY TWENTY TWO: The Effort of Balance

Sometimes obtaining balance takes effort. If you have followed my blogs, you know how frustrated I become over dealing with the technical details of the world. I am blessed to have wonderful people helping me, but the bottom line is that some of the organization and business things…I simply must do myself.


When my kind accountant, (Millie of All About Keeping Books) while patiently teaching me Quick Books, said, “Now this bank statement is finished. You can file that away.”


“File…what does she mean file? Am I supposed to have a file for things like that?” I frantically thought. I didn’t disillusion her and tell her that I put those papers in a box, or a table…or somewhere….! I suppose she actually thinks I open all my mail and file those bill type things too!


So today, my body reacted by shooting waves of pain throughout my legs and lower back. That is always my message that it is time to ‘chill out’! However, in this case, just relaxing wouldn’t take care of my stress.


So I decided to organize in a non-stressful way for me. I took all my boxes and stray papers, dumped them on the living room floor, turned on sit-com tv shows and sorted and made files for the next three hours. I laughed as I organized.


Now I am ready to tackle Quick Books again. I have a place to put papers and receipts. I had a good talk with myself about keeping organized. My reward was a nice relaxing bath in Natures Spirits Sea Salts and rubbed Joyful Healer oils on my sore muscles afterwards.


If Millie reads this, she will shake her head and smile. She is so sweet and patient. She really goes the extra mile with me, though from what I hear…that is what she does with all her clients. At least I will be calmer and more productive next time we get together.


Anael’s Affirmation of the Day: “I am calm, organized and balanced in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment