Friday, May 6, 2011

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

As adults we struggle with understanding death. Because of that we pass this confusion onto our children and everyone around us. This only adds to the pain of losing a loved one to death.

When my grandson was eight he asked me what happened when someone died…where did they go? He didn’t ask in fear…only curiosity.

I explained to him that the person left their body and went to another dimension. (He watches sci-fi, so he gets that). I told him that their body wouldn’t work in that dimension so they had to leave it behind. The person was now able to do things, like flying, they couldn’t do in this dimension with their body.

I asked him if that made sense. He said it did, then he went on to chatter about something else.

I didn’t go any further in explaining things, since I have learned with children and even adults, to only answer what is asked. When they are satisfied with the answer, it means anything else said would confuse them.

With Mother’s Day approaching, many of you may have sadness as you miss your Mother whom has already moved to the other dimension. Instead of staying on your sadness, think about how happy she is to be free of her ‘heavy’ body, so she can now fly with the angels!

If you need more closure and confirmation, I am always available to assist you.

No comments:

Post a Comment