Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PRAYER AND MEDITATION

Prayer is talking to the Divine, Meditation is Listening

“I keep praying and praying and nothing happens.” “I pray, but I don’t feel a sense of peace, or even that God has heard me!” Do this sound familiar?

Have you ever had a friend that just talked and talked? It seemed like you could never get a word in edgewise. They ask for your advice, but then talk over you when you begin to give them some suggestions.

How many of us do that to the Divine? Ever wonder if that gets on Her/His nerves? Lol! Seriously, I believe the Divine Source is very patient with us. She/He waits for us to be quiet and then begins to talk.

When you think about it, the Divine and the Angels speak in a still, small voice. Even when I directly channel Anael, I speak very softly. It is almost a whisper. If we are always chattering, how do we have time to hear Divine’s voice?

So take some time today…even five minutes…to be still. Concentrate on your breathing. Focus on the intake of your breath, follow the out flow of your breath in your mind. Have your notebook ready to record the still small voice of the Divine!


(For this and most of my blogs I refer to God, Universe/Great Spirit as the Divine)

No comments:

Post a Comment