Friday, July 29, 2011

VENTING TO A FRIEND

Have you ever had a friend who is always giving you advice every time you vent to them about a situation? You want to ask them not to say anything, but know they have your best interest at heart. But do they?

Unconditional Love is the toughest thing to actually do. When someone loves you unconditionally, they let you vent, with no judgments attached. They don’t give you unasked for advice. Even when you ask, they usually ask the question back to you.

They know the situation you are in is about your growth. It is not about how they can live their life vicariously through yours. It is not about them being in control and making the decisions for you.

It is about you learning and growing in a difficult circumstance you have placed yourself in. You need real love from them…Unconditional Love.

Part of the lesson here may be gently teaching them how to love unconditionally.

Try this: preface your venting by saying something like, “I just need to vent right now. I know it seems like I keep re-hashing the same thing over and over again. But this is the way I need to work through it. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, not judging me, getting frustrated with me or telling me how to run my life. I love you.”

This is the way of peace. Learning and growing together as well as joining together for a common goal. Soul families uniting for the good of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment