Sunday, July 10, 2011

WHERE IS YOUR FOCUS?

Today as I walked in the park around the circle track, my mind was in a relaxed state. I asked the angels (as I do each day), what I should share here. Then I just let go and enjoyed the walk. The weather was pleasant as it was early and the sun had not yet risen to its full glory.

In the middle of the walkway is a pond fed by a gushing fountain of water. I found myself focusing on the comforting white noise it made. The sound of cascading water always transports me back to my childhood in Africa. I vividly remember our trip to Victoria Falls. We slept in cabins nearby and I was lulled to sleep by the roar of those ancient waters.

It was pleasant walking in a semi-meditative state, with the noise keeping all wandering thoughts at bay. I was conscious of the beauty of the park…the trees… the water…the grass.

As I walked past the parking lot, I heard the engine of a car start up. This brought me back to awareness of my surroundings.

For a moment I was taken aback, as I realized that I could now hear cars zipping past. The park is just off of a busy road. Now it seemed as if things became more hectic than previously. It had been there all the time. I just had not been focused on that part of my environment.

The angels reminded me how when you keep your focus on something, that is all you see or hear in your world.

My focus had been on something pleasant. The cars noisily driving past were not something that I needed to be aware of, so their noise had become engulfed in the energy of the ambiance created by the rushing water.

Remember to always be aware of where you put your focus. Learn to direct your thoughts toward something pleasant. This will create the effect of dissipating the negative energies around you and bring you peace and tranquility in all areas of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment