Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ASK FOR THE SMALL THINGS

I went to Cassadaga with a couple of friends today. My purpose was double fold. I wanted to spend some time with friends, and also to deliver Horizons Magazines. One of my friends had never been there, so we wanted to walk around a bit.

As we got out of the car, sprinkling rain was threatening with a few drops escaping the dark clouds looming overhead. I immediately sent out a thought for it to wait until we had finished passing out the Horizons. Magazines are much better when not soggy!

The clouds sucked back the driblets and we got all the magazines to their respective places. We chatted as we walked around the sleepy town and perused through the stores. Then we settled in at the historic Hotel to have lunch.

Just as our scrumptious food was being served we noticed the rain coming down steadily. My friend that drove said, ”I will bring up the car when we are ready to leave.”

I looked outside through the window and up to the sky and said, “How about a window in the rain when we are ready to go, so we don’t get wet…just a window, please.”

I looked back to my friends and said, “That should do it,” and continued eating.

Fortunately my friends are quickly becoming used to my strange ways and we just started another conversation. When we got ready to step out of the car, the sky was clear. I gave a silent thank you. We didn’t encounter rain until on the drive home.

It is cool how when sometimes when you ask the Universe for something small, it is given. Quite often we don’t ask because we think it is too trivial. I find when I receive yes answers to little things, I have more confidence to ask for larger things.

Just look to the Heavens and ask. “As in Heaven, so on Earth!”

No comments:

Post a Comment