Thursday, December 22, 2011

SACRED SPACE

Staying in a continuous state of meditation is one of the most important ways to be in tune with Spirit. That doesn’t mean you need to stop, close your eyes and start AUMing all day long.

I do it by talking to Anael and feeling her energy inside of me at all times. I breathe her breath and feel her powerful wings at my shoulder blades. I let her love wash over and through me.

Also, I work at being in the NOW. That means when I wash dishes, I am present while washing them. I do not allow my mind to run to the millions of things I need to do. If the thoughts persist, I write it down in a notebook to reference later. Then I can return to the blissful state of being present.

None of these things have happened overnight. It has taken discipline to stay in a peaceful place. My home is serene. No one raises their voice or fights. It is my haven. It was created for that purpose. I am happy to share it with my clients and friends for classes and readings. Everyone feels the shift when they come in the door. I keep clutter picked up, a spiritual scent created by oils sprayed throughout the rooms, and soft lighting to relax the mind, body and soul.

When I had kids at home, I created a room that was my haven. My kids knew to respect my space and leave me alone when I went in there.

I encourage you to create your sacred space however you can. Draw your boundaries and do not allow stress in that space. You will find yourself more and more able to hear that still small voice of the Divine and the Angels whispering in your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment