Friday, December 16, 2011

IT IS ONLY A DONUT

Remember during this busy Holiday season, not everyone is having a fun time. Some struggle with challenges at home. Perhaps they live in an abusive situation that they cannot leave. Perhaps a family member is dying. Perhaps they miss loved ones that have crossed over.

When you encounter people throughout your day, spread some love. Most people live in some kind of pain. A kind word or gentle smile can be a small thing that may turn their day around.

I was given the wrong kind of doughnut today at a drive through. I asked them about it. (there were three gals at the window trying to figure it out) The kind I wanted was no longer available. They said they were sorry and offered me something else. I didn’t like the other choices.

Then I just smiled and said, “I will take the one you gave me. It would be thrown out and besides…it is only a doughnut.”

They looked relieved as they smiled back. I thanked them and wished them a nice day. After all..it was only a doughnut and only Spirit knows what they were going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment