Friday, September 16, 2011

REFLECTING LIKE THE MOON

I was blessed to observe the previous full moon as it was rising in the east into the velvety black of the night sky. The illuminating blood orange glow was a striking contrast to the deep onyx nighttime. Her energy seemed to pulse, awakening a cord of power within.

The next morning as I drove west, I looked up in the bright blue sky. I found it interesting to see the same moon this time looking like a pale ghost of her former splendor. Translucent, I would not have even seen her except I had looked up at the patch of sky that she seemed to be hiding in. I couldn’t connect to any energy. It seemed as if she was asleep.

I pondered the significance behind it. The Moon is a reflection of a larger light. We humans are a reflection of a larger Divine Source. Our light shines just as strong whether there is darkness or light around us. However, it is when it is the darkest, our light is seen by most people. This is also the hardest time to shine bright.

Remember though, that we may be the only beacon that people will see. When things are going well in the world, we can almost disappear in the energy around us. The need for our light is not so pressing. But we must continue to reflect the Divine Source of Light. In this way, we will be ready to be a guiding Light of power to the world when it is enveloped in confusing darkness.

1 comment:

  1. when I was a kid, going on a trip with my parents, I loved to lay up in the back window of the car, and watch the moon and the stars 'follow' us on the way to my pawpaw's house.

    ReplyDelete