Friday, March 18, 2011

LEARNING TO SWIM

When I was 7 years old, my family took a vacation to Durban, South Africa. At the time we were living in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) …on the border of Zambia. We kids were so excited to be able to splash in water that was actually safe to be in…no crocodiles.

I had not learned to actually swim yet, but could paddle around while lying on the inflatable pool raft. We were playing in and around a lagoon separated from the ocean. I had carefully gauged where the water was shallow enough to stand. I knew that I could get off the raft at a particular spot, then walk to shore.

My parents and brothers were lounging on shore while I happily jumped on my raft and paddled with my hands out into deep water. Soon I decided to paddle back. When I got to the spot shallow enough for my feet to touch, I slid off my protective raft.

Fear gripped me when I realized, I could not touch bottom. I had misgauged! Not one to panic easily, I started to clamber back onto the safety of my raft. As the raft flipped over on me, I decided it was time to panic! Gripping tightly to the raft and kicking wildly, I began to scream for help.

I was dismayed to see my parents making no move to help me. (I didn’t know till later, they did not hear my cries for help). Conflicting feelings of not being important enough for my parents to rescue made my struggles more challenging.

Then I saw my older brother, swim fins and mask on, beginning to paddle out to me. He took hold of my raft pulling it and me to solid ground! Poor Mark, he was always rescuing me…from not letting me pet the elephants when I was five, to grabbing me as I slipped on a precarious trail around Victoria Falls.

As I remember this time, I am reminded how often I have jumped into spiritual practices before I was ready. I have had teachers that have rescued me and showed me how to be patient. Protect first, then meditate, then learn to work with chakras, crystals, auras and healing. Then Readings, then Mediumship…then Channeling with Mediumship.

In the almost 20 years I have been on my spiritual quest, I have grown so I am now faced with times of rescuing others that jump in the deep waters before they are ready to swim. Dark energies must be removed that have grown to hinder their path, simply because they did not learn to protect themselves before diving in.

I am honored to be able to help. My hope is that I can help others avoid some of my pitfalls by hearing my story, so you can learn to swim FAST! We need you all…healers, mediums, psychics and spiritual advisors.

I was thrilled (and a little proud) of one of my students that has worked with me for the last two years. She has taken most of my classes, had private session, and most importantly…done her homework. Recently in my Advanced Psychic Development Class, she did an amazing job of channeling. It was the first time she had channeled, but not the first time doing spiritual work.

I am blessed to have my work be my passion and joy. My next Beginning Psychic Development Classes starts Wed. the 23rd. They run for five weeks.

You can read on my website about them and the others. I also teach one on one, or small groups of friends that gather…either in person or on the phone…making distance, no object.


No comments:

Post a Comment